Nut and seed-crusted Chicken Parmesan
Hate eating Italian food because of all the carbs? Look no further with this delicious nut and seed-crusted chicken parmesan! It’s good for you, so you don’t have to worry about feeling guilty for eating all of it!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to
- ½-inch thickness
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 deli-thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- In a wide shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan and chia. In a second wide shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- Pat chicken into flour mixture to coat; shake off excess. Dip into egg, then press back into flour mixture to coat. Discard any remaining flour and egg mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium high, heat one tsp oil. Add chicken and cook for four to five minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a large, foil-lined baking sheet.
- In overlapping layers, top each piece of chicken with sliced tomato and one slice mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese melts and chicken is no longer pink inside, eight to ten minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve over pasta or spaghetti squash.
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories: 558, total fat: 29 g, sat. fat: 8 g, monounsaturated fat: 13 g, polyunsaturated fat: 6 g, carbs: 32 g, fiber: 9 g, sugars: 12 g, protein: 46 g, sodium: 500 mg, cholesterol: 197 mg